So what else is happening and how can you get involved? Click on continue reading to see…
By Obiageli Ukadike
“Then one of them said, ‘I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.’ Then the Lord said to Abraham, ‘Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.” Genesis 18: 10 & 13 – 14
The account, in Genesis 18, of Sarah being blessed in her older age with a baby is a magnificent, powerfully true testament to God’s promises being filled even through people who may be lacking in faith.
A few years ago in the Downtown Singles Ministry, we were in a time of strengthening our love for one another and rekindling our love and fervor for the lost. We were fighting to overcome our diminished vision of what God could do through us, but we were still worn. We were earnestly praying for more men to feel empowered to lead not only by God but also by the women that supported them.
The singles had an incredible vision to see these prayers come to fruition by God’s grace. We were full of hope that we could be a shining example of the fruits of the spirit but like Sarah were not fully convinced that God would do what he said he would do. Continue reading
Editor’s note: These specific prayer requests are shared on the Facebook event Prayer for World Peace. Click here to join over 2,000 disciples worldwide in prayer, fasting, and support for the disciples in the Ukraine.
Pray for Ukraine Christians
Dear brothers and sisters around the world!
Thank you for your months of prayers, and I know many of you have fasted! We are eternally grateful for your faith in prayer!
An update about things you can be praying for :
- Please pray for the unity of our country. The Ukraine very much wants to be the Ukraine. There are groups doing their best to prevent that. Of course we pray for God to work and do what will be best for the most to be saved, but we ask him for peace inside our borders.
- Pray for peace and stability in Eastern Ukraine. There is still violence and instability in the East. Pray for our churches in Kharkov and Donetsk. We have great churches in these cities and the Christians are going through a very difficult time.
- For life to stabilize. Many Christians have lost their jobs. The economy has halted. Even those who have jobs, many are not getting paid. All of these events have had a trying effect on the life of those who are living in Kiev and other cities in the Ukraine.
- No invasion. We pray that there will be no further occupation of the Ukraine. That God will hold the border. Many brothers have been drafted in the last few weeks, due to the amount of troops on the border. We pray there will be no war.
- For healing. In my 22 years, 11 years in Russia, 11 years in Ukraine, we have always been best friends as nations, brothers – in the church, as well as nations. This is gone now. Of course the Christians do and will always love one another, as we traded in our citizenship in this world, at the waters of baptism. But there is great hurt in the Ukraine right now… we pray for healing.
- The Christians in Kiev – will see the open door. God moves mountains, nations, borders… only for one reason. To save more souls. Pray for the Kiev church to have an outstanding Harvest time. That many many souls will be saved. God always works for the good of those who love him. Pray for our churches to love God, obey his commands, and be devoted to their walk with God.
Thank you for all your love for us.
We love you,
Your brothers and sisters in the Ukraine
By Melissa Sheetoo – Northern Region
This year’s All New England Singles Retreat “Created for…” promises to be an incredible event! Disciples from the East Coast and Canada will be making their way to beautiful Stowe, Vermont. This will be a true retreat away from the distractions of life so that we can focus on who we are and whose we are. Rich fellowship, inspiring and practical classes, games, dancing, spa treatment and free time for adventurers and relaxers alike are some of the things you can expect this weekend.In the busyness of life we can lose sight of why we were created and for what purpose. Specifically tailored classes will help us gain a better understanding that we have been Created:
Friday Night Worship: For Connection
Saturday Morning: For Living Fearlessly
For Him (English/Spanish)
For One Another
For Love and Legacy (Single Parents)
For A Disciplined Life
Optional Luncheons: (Limited Capacity)
For Compassionate Care
Sunday Morning: For His Glory
So spread the word and join us, April 25-27, for what will be another phenomenal time. We sold out last year (twice!) so be sure to register soon so you don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!